Lindsey Vonn Suffers - Back Injures - World Cup Race

Unfortunately I will not be able to race today. "I am extremely disappointed but my biggest goal this season is the Olympics and I need to take care of myself now so I can be ready for next week,


Back Injures pulls out of St. Moritz race "Lindsey Vonn"

Vonn later tweeted she had an "acute facet (spinal joint) dysfunction. I got compressed on the 6th gate and my back seized up." Vonn said she would see how she responded to treatment overnight, but she tweeted again Sunday morning ahead of a second super-G: 

"Unfortunately I will not be able to race today. "I am extremely disappointed but my biggest goal this season is the Olympics and I need to take care of myself now so I can be ready for next week, and more importantly, for February."

Soon after Newsweek asked Fox News for comment on the article, the outlet changed the story's headline to "Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race" and deleted a tweet with the original headline, although that tweet is still archived. Fox News spokeswoman Jessica Jensen acknowledged the changes in an email to Newsweek, writing, "The headline was changed and the tweet was deleted." But Fox offered no comment on the changes. The text of the article appeared to be unaltered.


hopeful message to fans after lower back injury


Looks like i have an acute facet (spinal joint) dysfunction. I got compressed on the 6th gate and my back seized up. Rested and had a lot of therapy tonight. We will see how I feel tomorrow and then decide if I will race. Thanks for the support 🙏🏻


Our @usskiteam doctor checked me out and no imaging is needed 🙌🏻 just need the joint and the muscles to calm down so I can move again.

But she ended her updates with an uplifting message.

Unfortunately I will not be able to race today. I am extremely disappointed but my biggest goal this season is the Olympics and I need to take care of myself now so I can be ready for next week, and more importantly, for February. As always, thank you for the well wishes ❤️🙏🏻

MLB players and fans react to Shohei Ohtani picking the Angels
MLB players and fans react to Shohei Ohtani picking the Angels The Los Angeles Angels won the Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes Friday, as the Japanese phenom chose to sign with the Angels over six other finalists. Ohtani’s new teammates were overjoyed by his decision: But not everyone was happy...

Vonn is hoping to compete in her fourth Olympics in February in PyeongChang, South Korea. She has 77 World Cup titles, the most by a female skier, but just two Olympic medals, both won at the 2010 Vancouver Games. 

She missed the 2014 Sochi Olympics entirely with a right knee injury suffered during a training crash. Earlier this week, Vonn drew attention by saying she would not be visiting the Trump White House with the rest of her Olympic teammates after the Games.

Lindsey Vonn : Facebook 
Lindsey Vonn : Instagram
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget